Lending and Banking
We provide counsel and loan documentation to banks and other financial institutions, mortgage lenders, private lenders, and borrowers for real estate lending and banking transactions. We work on lending transactions involving all types of commercial properties, including raw land, office buildings, shopping centers, and restaurants. We also give general counsel regarding lending issues; applicable federal and state regulatory and compliance issues; and other legal issues, transactions, and litigation affecting financial institutions.
Our firm represents several regional banks, handling real estate lending transactions and serving as outside general counsel on a multitude of legal issues. In addition to our experience in handling real estate lending and banking transactions, our clients benefit from our broad practice in other areas of real estate law and our appreciation of market sensitivities and issues particular to real estate finance.
- Commercial real estate lending
- Construction lending transactions
- Drafting and negotiating loan documents
- Due diligence
- General counsel to banks and financial institutions
- Residential mortgage lending and the secondary mortgage market
- Workouts and loan restructuring